Wednesday, January 16, 2013

POUPEE GIRL: COMING OF AGE CATCHER + JANUARY LUCKY BAGS

Fashion brand community - poupeegirl


♛ poupeegirl 

Two new poupee events to report!
Here I'm wearing what I got from the COMING OF AGE CATCHER.
It's also time to grab your REMAKE LUCKY BAGS for January 2013.

♛ FOLLOW THE JUMP FOR THESE TWO NEW EVENTS ♛






There's something new in the POUPEE AMUSEMENT!
It's the COMING OF AGE DAY CATCHER!


The Coming of Age Holiday is celebrated in Japan, on the 15th of January, to celebrate one's transition to adulthood.
For everyone who has turned 20, it marks the time of expanded rights (adulthood status).
It's a pretty old holiday since it has been celebrated since 714 A.D. where a prince would get new clothes and hairstyle (make-over!) to mark this important passage.
It had become an official holiday since 1948. 



These are the items that you could get from the catcher.
I personally wanted the tiara because I haven't bought one ever. And, of course, the balloons! I'm such a sucker for anything balloons. 

 ♛


Because I only wanted two of the items, I decided to try the catcher only once and buy the rest of what I wanted (if I didn't get it) from the POUPEE MARKET.
I wonder what that blue present has!

 ♛


I got one of the items I wanted! YAY!!! :) 
I bought the balloons at the POUPEE MARKET for 122 ribbons. I've seen cheaper ones for 111 ribbons.

 ♛


Wondering what these (past and present) Lucky Bag Shops from the KATHERINE SHOP are all about?
It's actually a real event in Japan called Fukubukuro. It's a shopping event where stores would put items in a bag to sell. The bag prices are set at a much lower price than the items but you won't know how much discount you've gotten because the contents of the bags are a SECRET!!!
This shopping extravaganza happens in the beginning of the year. Instead of a massive sale (think: cybermonday), they have this ingenious event instead! It's so much more fun!!!
Apple has actually joined this event (in an effort to strengthen their presence the Japanese market, perhaps?) this year. 
The Apple lucky bags can be bought for ¥33,000 (US$380), with the actual items in the bag worth about ¥95,000 ($1,100). Wow!
There are some super lucky bags with a Mac Book Air in them! What?! *jealous*
For those living in the U.S., watch out for next year's Fukubukuro sale in most SANRIO shops!



Here are the bags in the REMAKE LUCKY BAG from the KATHERINE SHOP. 
There are four in the jewel section but I'm not buying from there right now :P 



This is my least favorite bag. Based on the name, Casual Bag, I bet it's some modern items.
I'm into more antique items or lolita ones.
But you have to admit that the black cat is adorable!



I knew I was going to like this. It has ribbons, frills and it's pink!
And the name says it all: Lolita!



Here's my favorite bag of them all! I'm so in love with how they made this bag!
I love the roses, the patterns... ahhh :) 


You can open this bag on the 16th of January, Japan time.


What bag do you like the most? 


x, Pau

No comments:

Post a Comment